Monday, December 28, 2009

Color blocking

The daily inspiration is from the use of color blocking in clothing. I'm currently watching Ally McBeal S1 for the first time, and one of the many short-skirted skirts that she owns really stands out because of the color blocking. It's light gray on the top and darker gray from the bustline and down. It's cute, but I can't find any pictures of it online!

To make up for it, here are some links to color blocked clothing I found online. I think I'm drawn to it so much because it reminds me of the work of Piet Mondrian.

Mondrian
Piet Mondrian, Tableau 2, 1922. Oil on canvas.

Some clothing after the jump!

Color Block Pattern
An old pattern from what looks like the 60's.

Color Block Both
Color blocking on the runway

Color Block Women's
Color blocking on the street

Color Block Men's
A sweatshirt by ASOS. I definitely almost bought a similar sweatshirt at H&M last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment